Carlisle Tire and Wheel Company is a division of Carlisle Companies, Inc., and has a long and proud history which began in 1917, when Charles S. Moomy opened Carlisle Tire and Rubber Company in Carlisle, Pennsylvania to sell inner tubes to Montgomery Ward and Company. With thirty employees working ten-hour days, Carlisle Tire and Rubber Company began producing automobile inner tubes. The Company continued to grow and prosper through the 1920s.
With the Stock Market crash of 1929 and the beginning of the Depression, Carlisle Tire and Rubber, like most other companies during that era, found itself in a desperate struggle to stay afloat. Near the end of the 1930s, in order to avoid bankruptcy, Moomy turned all of his common and preferred stock over to the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia which by then, as the largest shareholder, had control of the Company.
The end of the depression and the beginning of World War II forced changes upon the rubber industry. Japan cut off 95% of the natural rubber supply from the East Indies, forcing Carlisle, along with other companies, to seek other sources. In December 1945, Carlisle began to manufacture inner tubes using synthetic rubber.
Carlisle Tire and Rubber Company was purchased in 1943 by Pharis Tire and Rubber Company for $330,000. But significant losses followed and in 1949, the Board of Directors decided to liquidate the company. All Carlisle stock was distributed to the Pharis stockholders and the company was officially renamed Carlisle Corporation. During the 1950s and 1960s Carlisle began to acquire a variety of other companies diversifying their product mix to include roofing materials, insulated wire and baby food jar sealant rings. By the end of the 1960s, Carlisle was producing aerospace and electronic products, recreational tires, automotive accessories and brake linings as well as other divergent products.
Since that time until today Carlisle's diversification efforts, both through product line extensions within its core businesses and through acquisitions, have continued to build a strong decentralized company that builds market leadership and creates enduring competitive advantage, thereby adding value for our shareholders.
Carlisle Tire and Wheel Company is the foundation of Carlisle Companies, Inc. and continues to produce tires, inner tubes and wheels.
TURF TREAD TIRES FOR RIDING MOWERS, LANDSCAPE EQUIP & SMALL TRACTORS
- Carlisle Turf Saver tires are one of the most popular lawn tires in the lawn care industry.
- The Turf Saver tire is Original Equipment on a large variety of riding mowers and walk-behinds including John Deere, Toro, Sears, Exmark and Scag.
- These turf tires have a broad shouldered tread design and provide excellent traction on turf and grass.
- Commonly used on garden tractors, walk-behinds, turf maintenance vehicles, golf carts, snow blowers and utility vehicles.
- The Carlisle Turf Master tire, perhaps the best-known Carlisle lawn tire, is a favorite among top landscape designers and lawn care professionals.
- Turf Master tires are well known for their superior puncture resistance, long tire life, outstanding traction and minimal turf damage.
- Considered as one of the best commerical turf tires in the lawn care industry.
- Original Equipment on many top lawn care machines such as John Deere, Scag, Hustler and Cub Cadet.
- Available in a huge array of sizes to fit just about any mowing machine.
- The Carlisle Multi Trac C/S tire is extremely durable and has proven to be one of the longest wearing tires in commercial lawn care.
- The Multi Trac C/S has greater tread depth and more rubber on the contact surface to provide increased puncture resistance and longer tire life.
- Unique shoulder design minimizes turf damage on hills and during sharp turns.
- Multiple sizes and ply ratings make the Multi Trac CS a popular choice for the lawn care professional.
- The Carlisle Turf Trac R/S tire is one of the most proven and versatile lawn and garden tires in the industry.
- The Turf Trac R/S features a round shoulder tread design that aids in maneuverabilty while minimizing turf damage.
- Commonly used in consumer applications but also made in higher ply versions for commercial applications.
- Original Equipment tire option for John Deere Gators.
- The Carlisle Turf Trac RS is a popular choice for riding mowers and tractors as well as a multitude of golf course turf maintenance equipment.
- The Carlisle Turf Saver II was designed with similar characteristics as the extremely popular Turf Saver tire.
- The Turf Saver II has a turf friendly tread just like the Turf Saver but has a rounded shoulder.
- Provides a lower cost option when price is a primary factor.
- Commonly used for homeowner applications such as riding lawn tractors.
- Carlisle Ultra Trac tires offer an extra wide footprint that provides excellent weight distribution with minimal turf damage and compaction.
- Ultra Trac tires have a square shoulder tread and are often used on golf course fairway mowers and other maintenance equipment.
- The Carlisle Fast Trax tire is a moderately aggressive low profile drive tire typically used on commercial mowers.
- The Fast Trax tread design offers more traction and bite than standard mower tires.
- An Original Equipment tire on Walker mowers.
- The Carlisle Industrial Trax tire is a utility tire designed for hard surface terrain such as parking lots, golf cart paths or concrete flooring.
- Industrial Trax tires work exceptionally well on golf carts, concession vehicles, maintenance carts, Utility Vehicles and some Side-By-Sides.
- Features a non-directional sawtooth rib tread to promote longer tread life
- Great option for vehicles that need to work indoors and outdoors.
- The Carlisle Turf CTR Tire is designed with a rounded and less aggressive tread to help minimize turf damage.
- Currently this turf tire is only made in one size - 22x11.00x8.
SAWTOOTH TIRES & STUD TIRES FOR HAND TRUCKS, GENERATORS & PRESSURE WASHERS
- An aggressive tread with diamond shaped studs.
- Carlisle Stud tires are commonly used on go karts, wheelbarrows, pressure washers and hand trucks.
- Carlisle Sawtooth tires utilize a highway like tread for smooth rolling.
- Commonly used on hand trucks, utility carts, concession carts and go carts.
SMOOTH TIRES & STRAIGHT RIB TIRES FOR VARIOUS TURF APPLICATIONS
- The Carlisle Smooth tire is designed for commercial mower applications where traction is not a consideration.
- The unique smooth tread design allows the operator to turn on a dime without scalping the turf.
- Offers superior puncture protection and is one of the toughest smooth tires in the mowing industry.
- Smooth tires are the most common offering for front caster tires on zero turning radius mowers.
- An extremely popular tire on riding greens mowers, walk-behind mowers and front mowers.
- Carlisle Straight Rib tires are designed for both commercial and residential mowing applications.
- The Straight Rib tire is engineered with channels to help disperse water to create better traction.
- The non-aggressive rib design provides smooth and easy rolling with minimal turf disturbance.
- Commonly used in lieu of the smooth tread design as castors on ZTR mowers.
- An excellent flotation tire that works well on lawn trailers, tractor attachments, transport vehicles and farm implements.
LUG TRACTION TIRES FOR TILLERS, TRENCHERS, DITCHING MACHINES & GARDEN TRACTORS
SPECIAL TRACTION TIRES FOR SNOW BLOWERS & SNOW THROWERS
- Carlisle Snow Hog tires provide a deep knobby tread that is designed for snow blowers and other equipment requiring extra traction.
- Snow Hog tires are known as the original snow thrower and snow blower tires.
- Remains the tire choice for many leading snowblower manufacturers.
- Can also be found on small recreational vehicles, fun carts, heavy duty brush mowers and a variety special purpose machines.
- The "x-knob" tread helps your machine plow thru snow, loose soil and sand.
- Carlisle X-Trac tires provide the most traction and bite than any other snowblower tire in the industry.
- X-Trac tires have been classified as "the next generation" of snow thrower tires.
- The original equipment tire choice on premiere snowblowers such as Ariens, Toro and John Deere.
- X-Trac tires can also be found on heavy duty brush mowers, ditching machines, small recreational vehicles and on specialty equipment in the field of robotics.
- Manufactured with a durable rubber compound which provides stability as well as protection against punctures and abrasions.
Whether you are looking for long-lasting, comfortable work clothes, jackets, overalls, boots, shoesor safety gear, we offer all the most popular brands.
We have workwear and outerwear by brands including: Carhartt, Dickies, Red Kap, Helly Hansen, Filson, Under Armour, and Wigwam.
We have work boots and shoes by brands including: Wolverine, Timberland, Carolina, Converse, Thorogood, Davidson, Dr Martens, Georgia, Caterpillar, Bates, Danner, Rocky, and Chippewa.